Let’s be honest. Being high at work is as ideal as it gets. But for some, too psychoactive of a high might be too much. Luckily, the cannabis industry has come a long way from just smoking one type of flower, for one type of effect.
Now, there’s a plethora of strains that can promote positive workplace behaviours, while relieving the anxiety and stress of high-pace positions. Many sativa strains are well-known for productive benefits, even beyond the energy they can provide. So what weed effects are ideal for the workplace?
And, what are some of the best and most discreet products to turn to when relieving workplace anxiety and stress? We’ll cover everything you need to know about ‘cannabis at work’ to have you elevating your place of employment in no time.
Cannabis Benefits for the Workplace
Weed is no longer thought of as the ‘drug’ that makes users lazy, and sleepy. Now, it’s a complex alternative for natural healing methods and can positively affect a number of behaviours.
As the industry uncovers more information about how cannabis works internally to provide its effects, we’ve learned more about what types of weed offset what types of benefits. So far, we know ‘sativa’ type strains are more apt to provide benefits that are high energy, or ideal for daytime/workplace use.
The combination of effects you’ll feel will depend on the strain’s individual cannabinoid and terpene profile. We’ll talk more about what specific strains to turn to next, but first let’s just cover some typical effects of Sativa’s to give you an idea of how they can be helpful for relieving anxiety or stress at work, while keeping you productive and function.
- Stimulates creativity
- Promote critical thought and thinking
- Improves focus
- Provides energy
- Promotes motivation
- Relaxes nerves
- Improves conversational and social skills
Best Strains for Daytime or Workplace Use
Many of the listed effects are common to hear from a strain or product description. So instead of having to do the search for yourself, we’ve compiled some of the best genetics for daytime or workplace use.
Keep in mind, certain terpenes are known for providing energizing effects and promoting focus. These common scents or flavours could be a common denominator for Sativas that are preferred for the day. They include:
- Limonene: Limonene terps provide a citrus and lemony scent.
- Pinene : Pinene terps provide a pine and woody scent.
- Caryophyllene: Caryophyllene terps provide a spicy and peppery scent.
As for which strains contain these terpenes, and ideal cannabinoids for energy, focus, creativity and motivation…here’s a good list to start with.
This strain is well-loved by cannabis connoisseurs not only for its classic and refreshing scent, but for the exhilarating yet calming energy that the genetics provide. It has moderate levels of THC ranging from 12-16% so you don’t have to worry about too high of psychoactive effects. Lemon Sour Diesel can mellow out the body, so any work position that requires too much labor it might not be ideal for.
With limonene as a stimulating terpene, it’s no surprise citrus and fruity strains are high on our productive strain list. The cult classic strain, Pineapple Express provides a refreshing amount of energy while effectively relieving stresses, too. The 60% sativa dominant hybrid, has moderate levels of THC also helping you steer clear of becoming too elevated while working. The strain also boasts high levels of caryophyllene adding to its focus promotion.
Super Lemon Haze is one of the most notoriously energizing Sativas popular on the market today. The limonene fuelled genetics are 80% sativa dominant, adding to its exhilarating effects. Uniquely, the strain has high levels of CBD that can also promote focus, and relieving workplace anxieties. Super Lemon Haze delivers a euphoric high that is ideal for social settings, or work gatherings.
Being Discreet with Cannabis
First thing’s first – be conscious of smell. If you’re planning on waking and baking before work, then certainly take the precautions that you won’t walk in reeking of a fresh sesh. Luckily, there are many cannabis products that you can elevate with now, that don’t output as pungent of scents as traditional flower or smoking methods.
Here’s a few of the most trendy top products that workers, and daytime consumers alike are turning to for daytime cannabis energy, and focus.
- Tinctures – Tinctures are easy to travel with, provide accurate dosing so you don’t get ‘too high’ and are discrete for use. Just use the eyedropper, and place the oil liquid under your tongue and effects will set in fast, too.
- Capsules – With capsules, you can take them like any other vitamin or supplement. Without anyone knowing the difference. You can add the appropriate dosage to your pre-work routine, or travel with for convenient on-the-go use.
- Edibles – Edibles are far more advanced than the pot brownies that once knocked you off your butt. The dosages are fine-tuned to deliver specific effects, including Sativa varieties for energy, and focus. You can take discreetly, and as you should because co-workers might want to share if they see the sweet confections that some edibles can be.
- Vape Pens – Vapes are practically scentless, and can output a small amount of vapour or smoke. You could easily take outside on a break, consume in your car without worrying about smelling, or even use it in the bathroom without anyone knowing any wiser.
High Level Performance at Work
The more we learn about weed, the more we discover how the plant’s plethora of benefits can help for more than just unwinding at night. Cannabis, and specifically sativa type strains and products have a wide range of ideal effects that can help most any profession.
Even tacking tasks or work at-home. Now, you’re more aware of the strains you can turn to and the products that are best for keeping your secret discrete. So, if you’re interested in becoming a ‘high’ level performer at work…start with MMJDirect’s best Sativa and convenient cannabis goods, now.